When I graduated form high school a friend of my mother's got me a gift certificate to a spa.
At 17, I didn't understand the appeal. I thought it was boring. I didn't need to relax. I didn't need to heal.
Now, at 33, I finally "get it."
I am obsessed with the spa, and fortunate enough to live within a 3 hour drive of one of the best ones.
Going to Olympus Spa in Seattle used to be reserved for weekend trips to the city with me bestie, but now with a kid a home, such trips are rare.
That's why we have taken to making a day trip to the spa. One weekday every couple of months, I'll wake up at 6:00am, drive 2.5 hours from my house in Portland to Tacoma, Washington, and spend all day soaking in the pools, getting a scrub and massage, and eating a large delicious Korean lunch.
Through my experience, I have perfected the art fo packing for the spa.
Here is what I take with me on these day trips.
To hold my stuff:
- Spa Bag: freebie from Victoria's Secret
- Makeup bag: freebie from Korres
- Korres Body wash
- Korres Hair mask
- Body sponge
- Korean facial mud mask
- Deodorant (for when it's time to go home)
- Toothbrush and toothpaste (for after lunch)
- Hair Wrap: to wrap my hair under my hairnet so it doesn't soak the hairnet
- Hair drying spray: to help my hair to dry faster
- Waterproof Drying bag: for my wet mask and hair wrap
- Blow Dryer: they have free ones at the spa, but only two of them , and I don't want to wait in case both are occupied
- Fast-drying hair brush
- Waterproof mask for inside the pools
- Mask shield to help with breathing
- Dry mask to put on in the lounge (so I don't have to wear the wet one)
Post a Comment