Portugal at 12 weeks pregnant was touch for me. I was still experiencing morning sickness on a daily basis and my smells and tastes were far from normal. I was also unable to eat many Portuguese staples like Serra da Estrela, a soft cheese made from goat’s milk, or Presunto, Iberian pig (prosciutto) which could be contaminated with listeria. I wish I could have been more adventurous in my eating, but I was just grateful not to be throwing up. Once I found things I liked to eat, I tended to want them every day. Simple, carb-heavy foods like sandwiches, pizza, and pasta were my go-to eats on this trip.
1. Food I wished I had but didn't: soft cheese and cured meat (both pregnancy no-no’s)
2. Food I had but wished I didn't: Franchesina. Once in a lifetime is enough.
3. What should have been on the list: Orange juice and Gelato
4. Biggest surprise: the delicious pizza and pasta we had!
5. Most delicious meal: Pizza from Pizzaria Lisboa or the seafood we had at Ramiro’s
|Pizzamostly from Pizzaria Lisboa|
|Taiwanese food from Bao in Porto|
|Japanese curry from Namba in Porto|
|Pad Thai and Malaysia curry from Boa Bao in Porto|
|Sushi and Poke from East-West in Belem|
|Clams and Crab from Ramiro's, Stew from Donna Cafe, and Octopus from Taxa|
Post a Comment