I try to keep record of everything I eat whenever I travel. Looking back on all these delicious meals from destinations all over the world has given me a lot of personal satisfaction.
Tijuana is a special case.
This is an evolving list.
I expect I will return here many times and each time I will need to update the list. This first list is from 2017. As always, I'll start with the usual questions and then list ever meal by category:
1. Food I wished I had but didn't: Mision 19…next time! Octopus pizza at La Justina, Chinese food
2. Food I had but wished I didn't: one bad macaroon from Colectivo 9
3. What should have been on the list: Birria tacos
4. Biggest surprise: crickets in hot sauce are delicious!
5. Most delicious meal: Alma Verde chilaquiles
Crickets in hot sauce
Huevos Ranchers and Birria tacos at 5:00am
Telefonica – soup and taco
Verde y crèma: corn and Korean tacos
Cake at Puestro
Macaron from Colectivo 9
Bread with Cajeta from the bakery
Ice Cream from street vendor
Colectivo 9 - burger and fries
Loci bar truffle fries
Note, this list does not include all the amazing cocktails I had in Tijauna. I have dedicated another post to that....
Post a Comment