After venturing to Tijuana in 2017, I new immediately that I would have to return. Not only did the city call me back for soul-searching, but my food list was still too long! There were many things I did not get to eat on my first trip and I simply had to satisfy my curiosity before too much time passed. So I returned to TJ about 3 months after my first trip.
There were some restaurants I visited again (Alma Verde) and some I tried for the first time (Mision 19). Now that I knew the city better and did more research, I could be more selective in what I ate and where I went. Here's the list:
1. Food I wished I had but didn't: Tacos El Franc, the most famous in the city
2. Food I had but wished I didn't: a tres leches cake which was sickeningly sweet
3. What should have been on the list: Octopus pizza at La Justina – the best thing I ate!
4. Biggest surprise: how messy it can be to eat Birria when it doesn't come in a pre-wrapped taco...
5. Most delicious meal: Mision 19 Chef’s tasting menu
Crickets in hot sauce (again!)
Biria La Mejor
Pozole (seafood soup)
La Justina's Octopus Pizza
Cesar’s famous Cesar Salad
Cake at Puestro (again!)
Carrot cake from Container
Tres Leches Cake from a bakery
Teponieves (famous ice cream place)
Telefonica - fried chicken burger and fries
Post a Comment