In addition to the ubiquitous lobster, Maine has a lot to offer the food lover.
- Food I wished I had but didn't: Oysters from Eventide in Portland
- Food I had but wished I didn't: I ordered the Hot Turkey sandwich at Dysart's, but there were better things on the menu.
- What should have been on the list: all the other great seafood Maine has to offer
- Biggest surprise: Portland's food culture! It's so sophisticated!
- Most delicious meal: probably lobster stew
Here are some highlights from my food adventures (mostly in Portland):
|Pan-Asian cuisine: vegetarian dumplings from The Green Elephant, Portland, ME
Diner Food: Hot Turkey sandwich from Dysart's in Bangor, Maine
|Seafood: fried clams and clam chowder, from Fisherman's Grill in Portland, ME
|Baked Goods: Apricot scone from Standard Bakery in Portland, ME
|Gourmet lunch: poutine from Duckfat in Portland, ME
|Gourmet Dessert: ice cream with caramelized honey from the Honey Paw in Portland, ME